Advertisement for Legal Secretary/Paralegal to Team of Fee Earners (Immigration Dept)
We are a long established London based law firm the purpose of whose work is on the implementation of human rights. We are recruiting for an experienced legal Secretary for Immigration fee earners. The duties will include file management, client liaison and secretarial duties.
The work is on occasion very demanding; of importance is a shared interest (and preferably previous experience) in the area of law and justice in which the firm works. An ability to work as part of a close knit team is essential as is maturity and a potential long term commitment to the role.
Of importance are the following:
- Intelligence, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability confidently to work independently and pro-actively, equally recognising when this is appropriate and importantly, when it demands consultation.
- A high priority is the organisational skills required to manage a demanding work load, on occasion acute pressures triggered by the difficulties and crises of those we represent, and meeting deadlines imposed by court timetables.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively with others within and outside the firm.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly and adopt a flexible and collaborative approach to tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to carry out research using appropriate methods.
Qualifications and experience
- High standard of general education (minimum GCSE or equivalent experience)
- Accurate audio and copy typing (60wpm minimum)
- Very good IT skills (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Excellent written English grammar and spelling
- Exceptional attention to detail/accuracy.
- Strong relevant experience within an administrative office or secretarial role.
- Experience in Immigration and Asylum law
- Understanding of the legal system and the various bodies with whom the solicitors deal, and knowledge and understanding of relevant areas of legal practice.
- Ability to rapidly learn to use Adobe Acrobat Pro in the editing and production of documents and bundles.
- Ability to rapidly to learn the requirements of a practice largely legally aided
The post will be permanent for five days a week (Monday to Friday) after a successful six month probationary period. The salary will be offered depending on skills and experience circa £26,000. Starting date will be as soon as possible.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to the Practice Manager Claire Sibley email email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: 29th November 2019